Welcome to FitEyes.com! I am Dave and I founded FitEyes.com in 2006. This site publishes original articles about intraocular pressure and vision health from participants in our unique self-tonometry research program. I and certain other members of our research group are conducting cutting-edge research using high-frequency self-tonometry to gain new insights into intraocular pressure. You will not find this content on any other website. You will not find these insights into intraocular pressure anywhere else.
FitEyes.com is intended only for individuals under the care of a medical doctor! Furthermore, the information discussed here is only applicable to individuals participating in supervised research. See our disclaimer at the bottom of every page. The information we discuss on FitEyes.com can be powerful -- and that cuts both ways. If you were to misuse this information, you could damage your vision. Therefore, we restrict this information to only those who agree to work closely with their medical doctor prior to acting on any information found here. The information here is for experimental research under the supervision of a medical professional only!
FitEyes.com is a community site with many blogs and forums. Please register with us to gain access to all the content and to enjoy the full features of the website such as posting comments to blogs and asking questions in our forums. It is free and you will never receive spam from us. (You are notified by email when new content is published here. We never share your email address with others.) FitEyes.com does not exist to sell you a bunch of vitamin supplements or other pills, powders and potions with dubious claims.
FitEyes.com exists to educate you and your doctor, to empower you and to inspire you. In the articles on FitEyes.com we share our latest research insights and we discuss experimental ideas regarding how we successfully manage our own intraocular pressure. We invite you, working closely with your doctor, to take advantage of our new knowledge to improve your own visual health.
Here at FitEyes.com, you will learn amazing things about your eyes and your health!
The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information on this website does not create a physician-patient relationship.
This site is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this site and linkages to other sites, FitEyes provides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this site, or through linkages to other sites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. FitEyes is not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.
If you are a glaucoma patient, you are one of more than seventy million people worldwide with this condition. If you dedicate yourself to understanding the insights published on FitEyes.com, and you choose to invest the effort to follow a research-oriented path, you will be one of a few thousand of these people who have the opportunity to revolutionize your own visual health. You will come to understand that simple things we encounter in everyday life have a dramatic effect on our visual health.
I have reduced my own intraocular pressure -- without additional drugs and with no surgery -- more than many people are able to through a combination of multiple medications and surgical procedures. Provided you understand that my work is experimental research, I want to engage you in a discussion about how I accomplished this amazing feat and I want to invite you, with the approval and oversight of your doctor, to participate in similar research yourself.
As you probably know, glaucoma is a progressive optic neuropathy characterized by a specific pattern of optic nerve head and visual field damage which result from the death of optic nerve cells. The prevalence of glaucoma is increasing. It is the second leading cause of blindness worldwide (cataracts are the first). Glaucoma presents a greater public health concern than cataracts, however, because the blindness caused by glaucoma is irreversible. Primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) is the most common type of glaucoma, accounting for about 70% of all cases in the US. Given the significant consequences of glaucoma, prevention strategies are essential.
Unfortunately, even today's best medical treatments leave a lot to be desired. Even with the best that modern medicine can offer, a significant number of glaucoma patients still experience partial or complete loss of vision. However, FitEyes.com is not here to make you feel helpless or to scare you. We are here to educate you with information we uncover through our unique -- and quantitative -- approach to studying intraocular pressure. Intraocular pressure remains the most important risk factor for glaucoma and it is the focus of all currently approved medical therapies for glaucoma.
It may surprise you to find out how much intraocular pressure can be affected through simple lifestyle changes such as exercise. In my own experience, lifestyle changes (including managing my stress) proved to be more powerful than even an advanced drug cocktail. For a while I was on a drug cocktail consisting of powerful glaucoma medications such as Propine (dipivefrin -- known to be especially effect for my type of glaucoma), Timoptol (timolol maleate - multiple daily doses) and Xalatan (latanoprost). Even on this program where I put glaucoma eye drops in my eyes four, five or more times per day, my intraocular prsesure remained at dangerous levels. Now, thanks to the experimental discoveries discussed here on FitEyes.com, I have cut way back on the drugs while at the same time watching my intraocular pressure fall from dangerous levels to normal levels. This is rather unheard of. Not only did I do this, I carefully documented it with thousands of intraocular pressure measurements with the most accurate tonometers in the world. Furthermore, I elucidated all the key elements of my success in blog articles here on FitEyes.com. Please register with us to enjoy the full features of the website such as posting comments to blogs and asking questions in our forums.
Here are some of my surprising findings, as discussed in much greater detail in various blogs and forums on FitEyes.com:
- Stress increases intraocular pressure. Doctors who are unaware of our research may not agree, but this statement is a fact for many glaucoma patients. Arm yourself with all the information about the relationship between stress and eye pressure. Read FitEyes.com.
- All of our emotions -- even subtle emotions -- affect our intraocular pressure.
- It is possible to reduce our intraocular pressure by managing stress and improving the quality of our emotions.
- No vitamin supplements -- not even mega doses of Vitamin C -- have been shown to reduce intraocualar pressure in our research.
- Weight lifting and other exercise often has a dramatic effect on intraocular pressure.
- Some people have artificially high intraocular pressure in the doctor's office, which is called white coat ocular hypertension. I was the first person to document white coat ocular hypertension and FitEyes.com was the first place in the world where this discovery was published.
- It is possible, in theory, to cure glaucoma. No one in our group has achieved this yet, but we are working on it. The theory supporting an existing glaucoma cure is not part of allopathic medicine's previously existing paradigm, but in the paradigm where consciousness is primary, a glaucoma cure is not only possible -- it is accessible now.
- Even if not cured, glaucoma can be a blessing and it can lead to great spiritual insights into life. This is something we have already achieved and you too can revolutionize your understanding of what glaucoma can do for you by reading about what it has done for me and other members of FitEyes.com.
- Important intraocular pressure research is on hold while ophthalmologists and other scientists wait for new, yet-to-be-invented technology; however, it is actually possible to advance the state of the art of intraocular pressure management using existing technology that is often overlooked.
- You can join our self-tonometry research program and help lead the revolution in glaucoma management. Your doctor's cooperation and full support is required.
- For a limited time, financial incentives are available in the form of an instant rebate on the purchase of device for monitoring your eye pressure at home. This large rebate is available due to the generosity of FitEyes' key partners. We do not know how long this program will be available. It could end any time. Contact me for details.
Here are some of my favorite blog articles, published at a variety of different times and at different points along my path to success in managing my intraocular pressure. Register with FitEyes.com so you can leave your own comments or questions on each of these articles. We look forward to hearing from you. (Remember, we will never send you spam.)
- Embrace Evolve Exceed To Overcome Glaucoma
- Stress and Eye Pressure - Solving The Equation
- Glaucoma, Inflammation and Oxidative Stress: An Attempt to Unify Recent News
- How To Measure Your Eye Pressure At Home And Change the World Too!
- Glorious Illuminating Glaucoma
- Weight Lifting Lowers My Eye Pressure
- White Coat Syndrome for Eye Pressure
- I am Loving Glaucoma
- Best Foods for Fit Eyes and Great Vision
- Mistake Of The Intellect
- Gain Better Eyesight by Expanding Your Heart
- Glaucoma Cure
- What Is The Best We Can Hope For?