Each book on this list will contribute toward your improved health and your ability to better manage your intraocular pressure. Pick one of these titles that resonates with you and start reading!
- The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention by Dawson Church (Hardcover - April 30, 2007)
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell (Paperback - Dec 23, 2003) - Katie is the real deal.
- Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie by Byron Katie (Paperback - Oct 1, 2007)
- Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie by Byron Katie (Paperback - Oct 15, 2008)
- A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell (Paperback - April 1, 2008) - read Loving What Is first.
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61) by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - Jan 30, 2008)
- Remember, Be Here Now by Ram Dass (Paperback - Oct 12, 1978) - old but good; better after you have read Tolle's A New Earth
- Grist for the Mill: The Mellow Drama, Dying: An Opportunity for Awakening, Freeing the Mind, Karmuppance, God & Beyond by Ram Dass and Stephen Levine (Paperback - Mar 1988) - excellent companion to more recent stuff such as The Power of Now or A New Earth
- Autobiography of a Yogi: with bonus CD by Paramahansa Yogananda (Paperback - Jun 1, 2006) - it is better to read this only after you have experienced turiya (transcendental consciousness) yourself.
- Relearning to See: Improve Your Eyesight -- Naturally! by Thomas R. Quackenbush (Paperback - Jan 24, 2000) - You can't learn the proper Bates Methods from this or any book, however.
- Better Eyesight: The Complete Magazines of William H. Bates by Thomas R. Quackenbush (Paperback - Dec 14, 2000) - If you want to get deep into natural vision improvement.
- Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (6 Volume Set) [BOX SET] (Paperback) by Baird T. Spalding (Author)
- Anything by Richard Bach
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz (Hardcover - Jan 15, 2001)
- The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health by T. Colin Campbell, Thomas M. Campbell II, John Robbins, and Howard Lyman (Paperback - Jun 1, 2006) - I ignore what he says about milk
- Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman and Mehmet Oz (Paperback - Jan 4, 2005)
- The 3-Season Diet: Eat the Way Nature Intended: Lose Weight, Beat Food Cravings, and Get Fit by John Douillard (Paperback - Mar 13, 2001)
- The Airola Diet and Cookbook by Paarvo Airola (Hardcover - Dec 1981) - highly recommended
- Freedom from Disease: How to Control Free Radicals, a Major Cause of Aging and Disease by Hari Sharma (Paperback - Oct 1993) - older, but still good (if you can get past the TM sales pitch). I don't recommend the products hyped in the book, but the concepts are important to understand.
- Genetic Engineering: The Hazards, Vedic Engineering: The Solutions - everyone should be aware of this issue
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman (Paperback - April 13, 2006)
These are a few other books I'm thinking about adding to my recommended list in the future:
Conscious Seeing: Transforming Your Life through Your Eyes by Roberto Kaplan and O.D., M.Ed., Roberto Kaplan (Paperback - Jul 2002)
Why People Don't Heal and How They Can by Caroline Myss (Paperback - Sep 1998)
Soul Medicine: Awakening Your Inner Blueprint For Abundant Health and Energy - C. Norman Shealy; Hardcover
The Simple Feeling of Being: Embracing Your True Nature - Ken Wilber; Paperback