I am starting this blog as a way of capturing the anecdotal observations around IOP variation AND the actions taken that we believe alter that measurement in either direction: (upward or downard).
I will initiate this blog with an experience that I had on 1/19/2015 and the follow-up observations and actions taken to explore these variations further.
- I did not take my magnesium last evening
- I was a bit stressed when I went to bed; lots going on around planning a celebration for my Mom and preparing images for a juried photography exhibition
- I woke up still feeling a bit tense
- I had to hurry and transport my GodMom to an appointment
- I rushed back home to meet someone
- I encountered 2 of my neighbors with complaints regarding the landscape for the condo (none of which I have responsibility for..)
- I encountered my neighbor with my favorite Scottie (and,I do have sensitivities to dogs)
- I went for a walk, up some rugged hills, thinking this would bring down my IOP
- On returning, I found it higher than prior to leaving
- After several deep breaths, it started coming down
- My pulse rate and blood pressure were slightly elevated at this time (when both are usually low); I felt hot all over.
- I did have coffee before rushing out.
- It did finally come down from 30 and 24 to (24 and 23)...both numbers are unusual for me.
- I do have narrow angles and noted some tearing in the one that had the higher number. Plus, I am very sensitive to light.